Popular posts from this blog
first forage in browns bay
I have been reading a couple of inspiring NZ books on foraging: the 2012 full-colour Find it Eat it by Micheal Daly, which includes recipies from this travelling chef; & Gwen Skinner's 1981 Simply Living - a gatherer's guide to NZ's fields, forests & shores - which includes recipies, formulae for cosmetics, medicinal uses & lots of other interesting info. I like what Micheal has to say on the subject: "Wild food grows at its own pace: it evolves continuously to live in harmony with its environment. Once necessary for human survival,most of us have now lost the knowledge of how to gather & eat wild food.Many of the plants we know today as weeds (wild greens) are both edible & very nutritious. Most wild plants contain more nutritional value than does cultivated food." Today Laurie & I dodged the spring showers & hunted around in a back alley near the beach - we found & identified several edibles with the help of the books, ...
Trash show-and-tell
Last Wednesday I presented a show-and-tell for children at the local Browns Bay Library in my guise as "The Professor of Garbology". Below: a clock made from a frissbee - Below: an apron made from a coffee bean sack - Below: a broken kete handle replaced with a bicycle innertube- Below: the Prof ponders a recycling query - Read more of my adventures in dumpsterdiving, upcycling, recycling, and freeganing at: The Adlington Post www.martin-adlington.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment